Get Fashion Advice from My Stylist Cat!

Starting next Wednesday, my stylist Cat Hutton is going to be giving fashion advice to all of you guys! Not only does Cat dress me, but she does the “What Jenni Wore Wednesday” posts! So…start sending in your fashion questions using the hashtag #JWOWWfashionhelp to get some amazing styling tips and the answers to all of your fashion dilemmas! Use the hashtag, and every week Cat will help you JWOWW-ify your look!

1. Mary

My fashion problem is that I have a big butt that I can’t hide, huge tits and a fat belly. There are no Spanks around to help me!!

June 27 at 11:04am  / Reply
    • cat hutton

Celebrate your curves, don’t hide them. Find the thing you like best about your body, your cleavage, your face & accentuate that!

Cat

July 2 at 6:52am  / Reply
  2. emily

My fashion problem is my parents not having enough money to buy all 4 of us clothes

June 27 at 11:28am  / Reply
    • cat hutton

Emily, you need to try consignment shops, thrift shops, garage sales etc. Just purchase a few good pieces and mix & match with your thrift shop pieces. I too came from dire straits and used my imagination when it came to dressing, and that experience took me very far in my career.

xo

July 2 at 6:56am  / Reply
  3. emily

And all the clothing we have doesnf match

June 27 at 11:29am  / Reply
    • Missy Mesdag

Get a job?

June 28 at 10:58am  / Reply
  4. Cristal

Big boobs and Big butt! I cant wear everything its hard!!!!!!!!

June 27 at 11:43am  / Reply
    • cat hutton

Cristal, curves are sexy, always accentuate your waist with a belt and celebrate your curves. And remember, only dogs like bones.

July 2 at 6:58am  / Reply
  5. maria

Plus size, need to dress for work and I look a hot mess

June 27 at 11:46am  / Reply
    • cat hutton

Maria, If you feel like a hot mess, you are going to look like a hit mess, so number 1, change your attitude. Women are beautiful in all sizes. Better to dress in solids then accentuate with fab bold colors in jewelry, scarves, shoes etc. I have dressed many plus sized girls and they are divalicious!

July 2 at 7:01am  / Reply
  6. Miriam

My fashion problem is that I don’t know how to feel confident :( specially after having my baby it’s been a problem for over a year now

June 27 at 1:27pm  / Reply
    • cat hutton

Miriam, You need to read my blog on confidence. Quite simply confidence is a choice. Empower yourself with it, only you can. Choose to be confident. Try it for a day, a week. etc and it will be the essence of who you are. Love your body that much more for creating new life, that is pretty amazing. If you feel beautiful, you will be beautiful.

July 2 at 7:04am  / Reply
  7. chrissy

I need $$ for better clothes :(

June 27 at 3:12pm  / Reply
    • cat hutton

No Chrissy you don’t. Shop thrift stores and consignment shops or even Ebay. Hit all the clearance sales and get creative. You can put a fab look together for under 30.00. I have done it many times for many clients! I would like to do a video tutorial on this, so keep checking back for it!

July 2 at 7:07am  / Reply
  8. jenni

My fashion problem is that I don’t know how to feel confident specially after having my baby boy. it’s so hard to find something that makes me look like a mummy, match me, where I feel comfortable and sexy

June 27 at 3:29pm  / Reply
    • cat hutton

I am going to give you the same advice I gave Miriam. You need to read my blog on confidence. Quite simply confidence is a choice. Empower yourself with it, only you can. Choose to be confident. Try it for a day, a week. etc and it will be the essence of who you are. Love your body that much more for creating new life, that is pretty amazing. If you feel beautiful, you will be beautiful.

July 2 at 7:10am  / Reply
  9. Rachelle

My thighs are pretty big so I have trouble finding pants. They either fit in the waist but are baggy in the butt and thigh area or fit there but too big or small in the waist

June 27 at 9:32pm  / Reply
    • cat hutton

Hi Rachelle, First and foremost, find yourself an inexpnesive good tailor. Buy pants you love that fit your hips and simply have them taken in at the waist. Also, as lycra an jersey knit stretch is so in, but lots of those types of pants. They are comfy and look good on all body types!! Good Luck & celebrate your curves!

July 2 at 7:13am  / Reply
  10. jess

I just don’t know how to look nice and good n not really confident about how I look with my hair make up or clothes=(

June 27 at 9:53pm  / Reply
    • cat hutton

Jess My Love, you need to fix what is broken on the inside, Stop the self doubt and replace it with self confidence. There is nobody exactly like you in the entire world. Celebrate that. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, ages & colors. Love who you are, I promise when you do, you will glow form the inside out and blossom into a true beauty

July 2 at 7:17am  / Reply
  11. Keray

My fashion problem is being a plus size girl and there is nothing out there that fits right or you have to go to the plus size store and pay $45 or more on a type of clothing. That and it hard to find plus size stores in Canada.

June 27 at 10:23pm  / Reply
    • cat hutton

Hi Keary, try shopping online. Perhaps Ebay. There is soooo much available to plus size girls and once you find a company you like, you can combine multiple items and often times they will discount shipping, So many people are afraid to buy online or via Ebay. Don’t be! I am an avid Ebayer and only advise girls and women not to buy gowns or formal wear online as that NEEDS to be tried on!!

July 2 at 7:21am  / Reply
  12. Victoria

I can’t find any cute clothes anywhere and I’m not a girly girl that u fall in love instantly!

June 28 at 11:42am  / Reply
    • cat hutton

Figure out your personal style. Never before has fashion been so versatile. Are you boho chic? Girl Next Door?? Athletic and Fun? Look thru fashion magazines and see what clothes strike you and what you could imagine yourself in. And be comfortable. Do not dress for anyone but yourself. Do not dress for what your girlfriends think, or what you think a guy would think. Dress for Victoria and you will be fine!

July 2 at 7:28am  / Reply
  13. xtina

Finding pants ling enough for my legs!!!!!!!!! That arent skinny jeans

June 28 at 2:36pm  / Reply
    • cat hutton

ahhhhh yes, this is a tough one and a great question. Sadly, they do not manufacture enough clothing for those long legs. (keep in mind though, you will ALWAYS look better in a bathing suit lol) My best advice I give to my “leggy” clients is that your shoes will make all the difference. In the summer if you find some pants you love that are a tad too short, roll them up and wear a strappy gladiator shoe, or wedge. In the winter, who cares if your pants are too shirt when they are tucked into a fabulous pair of boots!! Hope this helps!!

July 2 at 7:33am  / Reply
  14. Stevie

All my nice name brand clothes got stole by a family member who was on drugs. I’m a fashion disaster but happy as can be

June 28 at 5:02pm  / Reply
    • cat hutton

I admire your positive attitude. You can always get new “stuff” Keep your chin up and start shopping consignment shops & thrift stores!!

July 2 at 7:35am  / Reply
  15. amber

I’m a size 8 NZ (about sz4 US?) but my boobs are too large for my body! and then when i wear clothing I either have a really baggy unflattering top that fits nicely on my boobs, or I have a top that sits nice around my torso, but my boobs are squished like nobodies business! help?

June 28 at 5:04pm  / Reply
  16. cat hutton

Amber, I too have very large breasts (though I am no size 4 lol) so I feel your pain. Fortunately now, so many tops are made with 5% lycra for a better fit. When it comes to blouses, try to buy something more tailored with seams, as it is easy for a seamstress to take it in. Also, if you find a great shirt you like that wont button up your boobs, no worries. Just put a cami or tank under the top and wear it buttoned to just below the bust line. Layer that look with some fun jewelry and trust me it will be a hit!

July 2 at 7:41am  / Reply
  17. Em

I have a big butt and nothing fits ! Help

July 3 at 2:56pm  / Reply
  18. Kristin

I have a big butt and small waist. I work at a hospital so I wear scrubs five days a week.

September 24 at 7:23pm  / Reply
  19. PMAlexander

I am a plus sized girl with pear shaped body and full thighs and hips, I always like to wear skirts but it makes me look more fattier. Please suggest something on wearing skirts to make plus size fashion.

October 5 at 11:36pm  / Reply